Special Education Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
On 1st September 2014, the Parent Partnership Service in the Royal Borough of Greenwich became the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS). Our free service is available to parents, children and young people living in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
We can help by providing access to impartial and confidential guidance and support on matters relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, including education, schools, national and local policy and practice, statutory assessment and Education, Health and Care plans.
IASS video for parents below:
IASS video for children and young people below:
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Woolwich Centre
The Woolwich Centre, 35
- SE18 6HQ
- Age Ranges
- 0-25 years.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The service is provided to parent or carers with a child or young person aged 0-25 who:
• Believe their child may have a special educational need (SEN).
• Have a child with SEN.
• Live in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The service is also for young people with special educational needs up to the age of 25.
Parents/carers are encouraged to refer themselves to this service, although they can also give consent to professionals, they are already working with, to contact the service on their behalf.
How To Complain:
If you need to complain or discuss the service you have received from SENDIASS, you can do this via the Families Information Service (FIS), or through the Royal Borough of Greenwich complaints department.
SENDIASS offers a variety of support including:
• Listening to your concerns about your child’s education and helping you to put your views across (advocacy).
• Telephone information, support and advice about SEN.
• Written and online information about SEN.
• Help for you to understand letters and reports from schools and other professionals working with your child regarding their education.
• Help to write letters about your child’s SEN.
• Accompanying you to meetings at your child’s school or early learning setting.
• Help with disagreements and appeals.
• Signposting you to other services.
• Liaising with other children’s services.
• Organising and holding a transition event for parents/carers of year 5 pupils with a statement of SEN or EHC Plan.
• Advising young people on their future education and encouraging their aspirations.
• Home visits, if required.
• Opportunities to meet in venues across the borough.
• Providing access to independent EHC Plan support through Greenwich Mencap. For more information call 020 8305 2245 or go to http://www.greenwichmencap.org.uk / Greenwich Mencap Independent Support Service.
The service for families of children with a statement of special educational needs or EHC Plan is identical to that in the targeted section.
- Local Offer Age Bands
19 - 25 years
Pre-Birth - 5 years